Update on 11th November 2021
Definitions and key terms
- Cookie: small amount of data generated by a website and saved by your web browser. It is used to identify your browser, provide analytics, remember information about you such as your language preference or login information.
- Customer: refers to the company, organization, or person that signs up to use Skateboard Authority Service to manage the relationships with your consumers or service users.
- Device: any internet-connected device such as a phone, tablet, computer, or any other device that can be used to visit Skateboard Authority and use the services.
- IP address: every device connected to the internet is assigned a number known as an Internet protocol (IP) address. These numbers are usually assigned in geographic blocks. An IP address can often be used to identify the location from which a device is connecting to the internet.
- Personnel: refers to those individuals who are employed by Skateboard Authority or are under contract to perform a service on behalf of one of the parties.
- Personal Data: any information that directly, indirectly, or in connection with other information - including a personal identification number - allows for the identification or identifiability of a natural person.
- Service: refers to the service provided by Skateboard Authority as described in the relative terms (if available) and on this platform.
- Third-party service: refers to advertisers, contest sponsors, promotional and marketing partners, and others who provide our content or whose products or services we think may interest you.
- Website: Skateboard Authority's site, which can be accessed via this URL: https://skateboardauthority.com
- You: a person or entity that is registered with Skateboard Authority to use the Services.
Infomation automatically collected
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the platform. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about who and when you use our and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our site, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
How Do We Use The Information We Collect?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs).
- To improve our service (we continually strive to improve our service offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you).
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs).
- To process transactions
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other site features.
- To send periodic emails
When do we use customer information from third parties?
We receive some information from third parties when you contact us. For example, when you submit your email address to us to show interest in becoming our customer, we receive information from a third party that provides automated fraud detection services to us. We also occasionally collect information that is made publicly available on social media websites. You can control how much of your information social media websites make public by visiting these websites and changing your privacy settings.
Do we share the information we collect with third parties?
We may share the information that we collect, both personal and non-personal with third parties such as advertisers, contest sponsors, promotional and marketing partners, and others who provide our content or whose products or services we think may interest you. We may also share it without current and future affiliated companies and business partners, and if we are involved in a merger, asset sale, or other business reorganization, we may also share or transfer your personal and non-personal information to our successors.
We may engage trusted third-party service providers to perform functions and provide services to us, such as hosting and maintaining our servers and our service, database storage, and management, email management, storage marketing, credit card processing, customer service, and fulfilling orders for products and services you may purchase through our platform. We will likely share your personal information, and possibly some non-personal information, with these third parties to enable them to perform these services for us and you.
We may share portions of our log file data, including IP addresses, for analytics purposes with third parties such as web analytics partners, application developers, and ad networks. If your IP address is shared, it may be used to estimate general location and other things such as connection speed, whether you have visited the service in a shared location, and the type of device used to visit the service. They may aggregate information about our advertising and what you see on the service and then provide auditing, research, and reporting for us and our advertisers.
We may also disclose personal and non-personal information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to protect our rights and interest or those of a third party, the safety of the public or any person, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to otherwise comply with applicable court orders, laws, rules, and regulations.
Where and when is information collected from customers and end-users?
We will collect the personal information that you submit to us. We may also receive information about you from third parties as described above.
Is the information collected through our service secure?
We take precautions to protect the security of your information. We have physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to help safeguard, prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use your information. However, neither people nor security systems are foolproof, including encryption systems. In addition, people can commit intentional crimes, make mistakes or fail to follow policies. Therefore, while we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If applicable law imposes any non-disclaimable duty to protect your personal information, you agree that intentional misconduct will be the standard used to measure our compliance with that duty.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
We keep your information only so long as we need it to provide service to you and fulfill the purposes described in this policy. This is also the case for anyone that we share your information and who carries out services on our behalf. When we no longer need to use your information and other is no need for us to keep it to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, we'll either remove it from our systems or depersonalize it so that we can't identify you.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc) is never kept on file. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the absolute security of any information on the Service that may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by a breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
Links to Other Websites
Advertising keeps us and many of the websites and services you use free of charge. We work hard to make sure that ads are safe, unobtrusive, and as relevant as possible.
Cookies for Advertising
Cookies help to make advertising more effective. Without cookies, it's really hard for an advertiser to reach its audience, or to know how many ads were shown and how many clicks they received.
We use remarketing services. This is the practice of serving ads across the internet to people who have already visited your website. It allows your company to seem like they're "following" people around the internet by serving ads on the websites and platforms they use most.
We collect information from everyone to make our services better. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child or ward has provided us with personal data without your permission, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
We may display, include or make available third-party content (including data, information, applications, and other products services) or provide links to third-party websites or services ("Third-Party Services").
You acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible for any Third-Pary Services, including their accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance, legality, decency, quality, or any other aspect thereof. We do not assume and shall not have liability or responsibility to you or any other person or entity for any Third-Party Services.
Third-Party Services and links thereto are provided solely as a convenience to you and you access and use them entirely at your own risk and subject to such third parties terms and conditions.
We are GDPR Compliant
We are aware that we will be working with EU customers which is why we have provided with the ability to access, update, retrieve and remove personal data. We've been set up as a self-service from the start and have always given you access to your data. Our customer support team is always available to answer all of your questions. Reach out to us on Email or use the contact form here
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) requires us to disclose categories of Personal Information we collect and how we use it, the categories of sources from whom we collect Personal Information, and the third parties with whom we share it, which we have explained above.
We are also required to communicate information about rights California residents have under California law. You may exercise the following rights:
- Right to Knowledge and Access. You may submit a verifiable request for information regarding the: (1) categories of Personal Information we collect, use, or share; (2) purposes for which categories of Personal information are collected or used by us; (3) categories of sources from which we collect Personal information; and (4) specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
- Right to Equal Service. We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your privacy rights.
- Right to Delete. You may submit a verifiable request to close your account and we will delete Personal Information about you that we have collected.
- Request that a business that sells a consumer's data, not sell the consumer's data.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. We do not sell the Personal Information of our users. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.